Community Council Meeting Minutes
November 13, 2017
Start Time: 3:00 pm
Attending: Sundee Ware, Mike Hale, Tiffany Wiberg, Angie Wiser, Launa Godfrey
Parent Teacher Conference - All parents, except 1, in the school have been contacted for parent conferences.
- Future conferences:
- For the February conference, we would like parents to have access to schedule conferences on Monday, January 29th.
- Parent training, digitally, on a specific skill students are learning.
- At the January 8th CC, we will view the essential skill/grade digitally that will be used at parent conferences.
Holiday Concert, December 15th @ 6pm at LHS
- an action committee was formed to be involved in all details of the program
Cache Valley Direct - over $2000 was earned through selling CV Direct to purchase folding chairs for assemblies in the cafeteria.
Science Fair/Family Night - January 24th. A time and details have not been set. Rhiannon Peatross is meeting with PTA on Tuesday, November 14th to work out more details.
Trustlands/Bylaws - discussed what it is. Sundee will send a copy of the budget.
Video…explanation of Trustlands. Utah is the only state where schools direct trustland money.
- Management - 3.3 million acres of land are trustland lands.
- Funds - Interest on the revenue is deposited by the CITLA foundation toward schools.
- Schools - benefit from Trustland money through aides, technology, etc.
- Comm. Councils - create a school improvement plan and determine how funds are spent (schoollandtrust.org)
School Improvement Plan - goals for students were shared in Math and Language Arts
Drop Off/Pick Up - as a whole, drop off and pick up are quicker and more efficient than in the past.
December 15th - Holiday Concert will take the place of Community Council in December.
Ideas from Community Council - second language clubs after school. Celebrations - WIN time
Next CC meeting - January 29, 2018
End Time: 4:05 pm
Community Council Meeting Agenda
Monday, November 13th @ 3 PM
Adams Faculty Lounge
· Begin and end on time.
· Be considerate with electronics.
· Support the majority decision.
· Stay on task.
· Focus is student-centered.
· Follow up on Parent Teacher Conferences
· Follow up on Drop Off/Pick Up
· Report on Holiday Concert Meeting
· Update on Chair Campaign
· Science Fair/Science Night (Launa Godfrey)
· Bylaws and Trustland Video
· Update on Trustland Budget
December 15th- Holiday Concert
*This will take place of the Community Council Meeting in December
January 8th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
February 12th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
*vote on Teacher of the Year*
March 12th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
April 9th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
*vote on Volunteer of the Year*
May 14th- Community Council Meeting @ 3