Community Council Meeting
Monday, September 11th @ 3 PM
Adams Faculty Lounge
· Develop norms
· Drop off and pick up at school
· SNAP Plan
· School-wide PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention System)
· Show testing results
· Nominate and assign roles
September 15th – Bike Rodeo
September 19th- Picture Day
September 21st- ½ day of school (released at 11:55) *no Kindergarten*
September 22nd- No school
October 4th- National Walk to School Day
October 6th- No School
October 9th- Community Council @ 3PM Faculty Lounge
October 16th- Parent Teacher Conference (evening)
October 17th- ½ day of school – Parent Teacher Conference
October 18th-20th- Fall Break NO SCHOOL
Community Council - September 11, 2017
Introductions-those in attendance: Mike Hale, Tiffany Wiberg, Angie Wiser, Launa Godfrey, Megan Norton, Sundee Ware
Begin and end on time.
Be considerate with electronics.
Support the majority decision.
Stay on task.
Focus is student-centered.
Nominate and assign roles:
Time-keeper - Megan Norton
Principal - Sundee Ware
Chair - Tiffany Wiberg
Co-Chair - Launa Godfrey
Food Supplier - Sundee (optional)
Members - Mike Hale
Note-Taker - Launa Godfrey
School-Wide PBIS: OWLS: Owls Work Learn Succeed
- Each behavior was specificaly taught in how they looked and sounded at the beginning of the year.
Testing Results: Adams made a typical growth score above 40% in LA, Math and Science in 2016-17. This info wil be published in the Herald Journal on 9/12/17.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up:
- As of Monday, 9/11/17 cars are lining up more appropriately. The city is scheduled to post signs and paint curbs to make free up space for parents to pull next to the curb to pick up or drop off students.
- 2 Ameri-Corp employees will, as of Wednesday the 9/13, help with hallway control and external control (outside the school) before and after school.
- 3 designated pick up spots will be determined. After students exit their grade doors, they would join their siblings and go to one of the designated spots decided by the family.
- Ideas: remove the cement post on the north-east access on the north side of the school so that a driveway is created for pick up.
- www.seattle.gov/transportation/docs/srts - Safe school, drop off-pick up information
SNAP plan: cross-walks and stop signs verification
Great American Award: 5th grade, bulletin board with requirements
Next Meeting: October 9th
Assignments: Tiffany - HW research, Launa/Sundee/Mike - walk outside to look at curb-sides for more ideas on city could help in painting and signage, Megan - protoype on model car from seattle.gov (Lead Car)