Community Council Meeting
Monday, April 16th @ 3 PM
Adams Faculty Lounge
Adams Faculty Lounge
- Begin and end on time.
- Be considerate with electronics.
- Support the majority decision.
- Stay on task.
- Focus is student-centered.
- FTE for school year 2018/2019
- Evacuation Drill - TBD (Angie Wiser)
- Email from Mayor Daines (Frank Stewart)
- Volunteer of the Year
- Review Community Council Members Renewal for 2018-2019 School Year
May 1st- May Day Presentation
May 4th- Adams' Fun Run
May 14th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
May 17th- District Fun Run
May 22nd- Aquatic Center Pool Party
May 23rd- Greatest Showman Award Assembly @ 12
May 24th- Senior Walk @ 8:15am
May 24th- Kindergarten Graduation
May 25th- Last day of school ½ day
May 25th- 5th Grade Kick Ball Game (AM)
Community Council Meeting, Minutes
Monday, April 16, 2018
Start Time: 3:00 p.m.
Those attending: Sundee Ware, Frank Stewart, Launa Godfrey, Angie Wiser, Tiffany Vail, Liz Carr
FTE (Full-Time Teacher Equivalent) for school year 2018-19: Adams will not be receiving any new students from the boundary change. Some teachers are leaving and adjustments have been made. One teacher still needs to be hired.
- Information will be going out to the residents/community that the drill will be happening
- some parents have concerns and calls will be made to those parents
- logistics are still being worked out since there are several new teachers and weren’t involved in the initial planning last year
- Adams’ evacuation site is the church house on 500 East
- a date is not set yet to carry out this evacuation practice
Frank Stewart: report from discussion with Mayor Daines regarding drop-off/pick-up safety
**See attached email from Mayor Daines.
The following suggestions have been made for safety:
- 4-way stop
- color-marquees for pick up
- Paul Lindhart: city ordinance director for Logan City will be visiting and observing parking
- Lt. Jensen is planning to visit Adams and observe what is happening with traffic in front and around the school.
- flashers on all stop signs
Volunteer of the Year: CC members read each submission for Volunteer of the Year and voted on one. The date to present the award is TBA.
Community Council Members suggestions for next year: Tiffany Wiberg, Tiffany Vail, Mike Hale, Lori Hale, life-skills parent (? name), Liz Carr
May 23rd: The Greatest Showman Award Assembly begins at 12:00 p.m.
Successes this year:
- Grade-level essentials
- Lexia (Each grade is soaring in meeting their usage requirements each week.)
End Time: 3:45 p.m.
Next Meeting: May 7, 2018; 3:00 p.m.
Email from Mayor Daines
I met with the Chief Jensen about your concerns regarding U turns in front of Adams school.
Technically it is not illegal to do a U turn there. However, he will ask Officer Gleisberg, who works at all the schools doing programs with the 5th graders, to spend a couple of days at school pickup time visiting with parents about the danger of U turns with all the students crossing.
I also talked to Paul Lindhart about the parking issues, and I will wait for your photos and then we can talk specifics. Paul also said he was aware of a parking plan the city proposed to Adams some time ago, which would have moved all pickup/drop off to the parking lot. Evidently they do that at Wilson. He is going to look for the plan. I think it would have cost some money because there needed to be some modifications to the lot to make it work, but if the school is really interested in addressing safety issues, maybe you should look at that as a long term solution.
I know you mentioned the Edith Bowen parking situation. I asked my sister in law, and she said all teachers are required to be outside to help with after school pickup, and are assigned a certain area to monitor for safety issues. So maybe we need to also have police work with the school administration and PTA on an overall plan to address all the issues in conjunction with possible signage.
Holly H. Daines
City of Logan
290 North 100 West
Logan, UT 84321
T 435.716.9002 F 435.716.9003