Community Council Meeting
Monday, October 9th @ 3 PM
Adams Faculty Lounge
· Begin and end on time.
· Be considerate with electronics.
· Support the majority decision.
· Stay on task.
· Focus is student-centered.
· Adams Action Teams
· Report back from our PLC Conference
· Student Handbook
· Flagship Document
· Need committee to review bylaws
October 16th- Parent Teacher Conference (evening)
October 17th- ½ day of school – Parent Teacher Conference
October 18th-20th- Fall Break NO SCHOOL
October 26th- Picture Make-up Day
October 27th- District Breakfast @ 7:15 AM
October 31st- Fall Festival
November 13th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
*vote on ESP of the Year*
What is an Education Support Professional? It is a secretary, lunch worker, custodian, sweeper, maintenance, education specialist, instructional specialist, computer tech assistant, media assistant, and any other position that is not a teacher or administrator.
December 11th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
January 8th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
February 12th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
*vote on Teacher of the Year*
March 12th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
April 9th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
*vote on Volunteer of the Year*
May 14th- Community Council Meeting @ 3
Community Council Meeting Minutes
Monday, October 9, 2017
Those in Attendance: Sundee Ware, Angela Wiser, Launa Godfrey, Bobbi Sullivan, Tiffany Vail
Adams Action Teams: ( Angela Wiser explained action teams.)
SAC committee - receives and fields concerns
Student Leadership Team - students submitted applications and selections are made, Tom Papiernik is the staff member in charge
Safety Team - handles emergency drills, drills are in place to practice fire drills, earthquake, lock-down, shelter-in-place. (It was suggested that parents be notified when students have practiced an emergency drill so that parents could practice again at home if they choose.)
- Jed Ali-Mari from city planning has been helping with curbs being painted. Curbs are now being painted on curbs outside the school for drop off and pick up.
- Bill Young from city mapping/engineering has put warrant counters on stop signs in place and a decision will be made if enough traffic warrants a 4 way stop at intersections surrounding the school grounds.
PLC (Professional Learning Community) Conference:
- Most of the faculty attended Sept. 26-28 in Salt Lake City. (Those who did not attend had already attended one.)
- The purpose of the PLC is to ensure all students learn at high levels. This is an RTI practice which is response to intervention. It can also mean Responsible Teachers Intervening.
- Our schedule at Adams is set up in Tiers. Tier 3 is the time for students to receive intervention on things they need whether they are missing essential skills or needing enriching activities to push them.
- Essential skills need to be posted or presented to parents with the information so parents know what skills their students need.
Honor Roll: The question was raised whether our school should have an actual Honor Roll. We currently do not have one in place, but have incentive activities instead so the focus is on growth instead of final scores. Incentive activities were discussed.
Flagship Document: Contains non-negotiables for Behavior and for PLC’s.
Student Handbook: Editing is now completed. A map of the school with drop off and pick up locations will be included. CC members viewed the draft and a vote was taken for the draft to be uploaded online.
Parent Teacher Conference scheduling is now online for parents to sign up for a time for PTC.
October 16th-17th: Parent Teacher Conference
October 18th-20th: Fall Break - no school
October 26th: Picture Make-Up day
October 27th: District Bfast @ 7:15 am (CC members invited)
October 31st: Fall Festival (Students must have met classroom set goals to attend.)
November 13th: CC Meeting @ 3pm
Items for next time:
Safety Update - kits and practices
Review of PTC